Downtown Allentown boasts more than 6,000 parking spaces near PPL Center and its surrounding restaurants, shops and office buildings. Visitors can choose one of three ways to park downtown, all of which are convenient, safe and affordable: PARK FREE, 24-Hour Valet Parking or Self Parking.
The Allentown Parking Authority and many Downtown Allentown merchants provide free parking in five decks for customers who make a purchase at a participating business. Here’s how it works:
- Enter any PARK FREE deck (see list below), take a ticket and park on a first-come, first-served basis.
- When you make a purchase at a participating shop or restaurant, show your parking ticket. That business will give you a second ticket, which will be accepted as full payment for parking when you leave the deck.
- When there is an event at PPL Center, drivers will pay to park upon arrival at a PARK FREE deck, but you can have the price of parking discounted from your bill at a participating business when you show your parking receipt.
Participating PARK FREE Decks:
- Community Deck — 13 S. 6th St.
- Walnut @ 9th Deck — 901 Walnut St.
- Government Deck — 401 Hamilton St.
- Spiral Deck — 820 Linden St.
- Arena Deck — 710 Linden St.
24-HOUR VALET PARKING
Downtown valet parking costs just $6 at all times, including PPL Center event days and non-event days, with a validation from a participating business. Valet parking costs $20 at all times without a validation. City Center’s unique valet-parking service allows drivers to drop off a vehicle at any kiosk and pick it up later at the same kiosk or one of the others, making it convenient to visit multiple locations downtown. Guests of the Renaissance Allentown Hotel pay $12 per day for this service.
Valet Kiosk Locations:
- The Dime / Renaissance Allentown Hotel (24 hours per day, daily), 12 N. Seventh St.
- Two City Center (5 pm-12:30 am, daily), 645 Hamilton St.
PARK FREE & Valet Parking participants:
- Assembly 88
- Blow Dry Bar by ReVive! Salon
- Cork & Cage
- Jimmy’s Barber Shop
- Michael Jewelers
- Minuteman Press
- Moravian Book Shop
- Ruby’s Floral Factory
- The Archive
- Chickie’s & Pete’s *
- 99 Bottles *
- ROAR Social House & HUSH
- The Dime
- The Hamilton Kitchen & Bar
- Tim Hortons *
- Vince’s Cheesesteaks
*Parking tickets cannot be validated at Chickie’s & Pete’s, Crust or Tim Hortons during PPL Center events.
For those visitors who choose not to use the PARK FREE or 24-Hour Valet Parking programs, daily self parking close to PPL Center and City Center can be found at:
- Surface Lot, 702 Hamilton St. (Entrance is on Seventh St. between Hamilton and Walnut Sts.): $3 dollars daily, $6 on hockey event nights, $10 on all other event nights